#TwitterPicture goes Live! 12th Oct 2009
This week I'll be launching a project in which I open up my little studio to the world and invite you to call the shots and influence the creation of a new and very exclusive limited edition print. It's a really exciting project fusing together old school creative processes and online social networking and I call it #TwitterPicture.
The print will be in my signature style of intricate hand penned curiosities, formed into a delicate sphere. What goes into that circle, is up to you. I'm putting the public in charge of creative content and relinquishing all decisions to you.
To get involved, all you have to do is tweet me what would like to see included and I'll diligently draw each and every twitter suggestion* (except anything deemed too rude for innocent eyes!). So be it a pirate ship, a yeti footprint, a medieval castle or a Venus fly trap, all your twitter suggestions will be translated into pen and ink to create an eclectic snap shot of Twitter imaginations over a 2 day period. *Just one suggestion each, so think carefully and make it count!
I'll be officially opening up the Twitter Suggestion Box and drawing the live artwork on Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th October from 9am till 5pm. TwitPic snap shots of the design in progress will be posted at 15 minute intervals throughout the 2 days to allow you to see the progress of the piece and to spot your suggestion as it appears in the artwork.
The worlds of creativity and online social networking fuse together to create a most exciting and dynamic live design project. As opposed to passively purchasing a piece of finished artwork, this is your opportunity to be part of the creative process and to then own one of the few limited edition prints which have been created to your specification.
A very exclusive limited edition of just 100 finished #TwitterPicture motifs will be silk screen printed and available for sale at the end of the project. Along with each signed and edition numbered print will be a Twitter Artists' Certificate, detailing the name and suggestion of every person who contributed to its creation.
As an extra sweetner, everyone who Tweets a suggestion will receive a 25% discount on their order.
To get involved:
- Log on to http://www.twitter.com/johannabasford
- Click on the box to Follow Me (if you are new to twitter, you'll need to sign up first)
- Ponder the possibilities of what you would like to see included.
- On Wednesday and Thursday this week, Tweet your suggestion and watch on TwitPic as it materialises in the design
- Retweet about the project to your heart's delight.
- Keep an eye on Twitter and my blog for details of when the prints go on sale next week and be first in line to place your order.
- Tell all your friends you are now a Published Creative Director and wow them with the beautiful print you helped create!
Lets make it happen! See you on Twitter Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th October!
Posted in - #TwitterPicture
Discover the latest news from Johanna and take a sneaky peek at what’s going on in the studio…