17th September 2018
10 Signs you are Obsessed with Colouring!
I wrote this list after some friends caught me staring intently at the wallpaper in a restaurant… then stroking it! It was the most beautiful black and white floral design and I was busy thinking, ‘wow, that would be awesome to colour. I wonder what the tooth is like?!’
My friends laughed and announced that I was officially obsessed with colouring. And it got me thinking, there must be others like me… Take a peek and see if you can relate to any of the 10!
- Whenever you see a black and white illustration (wallpaper, ceramics, a tattoo…), you immediately begin to consider how you’d colour it.
- The thought of a large box, full of pens, pencils and pastels all from different brands, mixed together, in a huge art supply mess makes you SWEAT!!
- If someone asks if you use ‘crayons’ you force a smile and know that your colouring group friends on facebook will understand…
- You’ve said the phrase ‘Right, that’s it. I’m not buying anymore colouring supplies’ many, many times.
- Your colouring hand suffers from ‘Colourist Callus’, a consequence of all those hours spent busy with the pens and pencils!
- You have a ‘travel pencil case’ containing a small but considered selection of colouring essentials for when you are on the road.
- You find yourself intently stroking paper to determine its quality and tooth.
- Your Amazon basket always has a least one colouring book or an odd piece of colouring kit lurking in it… battery operated electric eraser anyone?!
- You automatically hide the numerous parcels containing colouring supplies and new books from whoever you live with so as not to draw attention to your obsession!
- If you had to choose between dropping your phone or a brand new box of Polychromos onto a cement floor, you aren’t sure you would save the phone…