7th November 2011
The Starbucks Christmas Cup
Last week the Starbucks 2011 Red Cup arrived, marking the official start to the festivities! In January I launched my Campaign for the Christmas Cup, and announced my big ambition to illustrate a Red Cup. I spent weeks delicately drawing on empty Starbucks cups and posting them to Darcy Wilson-Rymer (Managing Director of Starbucks UK at the time) and Daniele Monti, the company’s Creative Director in Seattle. It worked! My mysterious inky cups in the post caught their attention and they got in touch. Alas, it was not to be, this year’s artwork had already been approved (yip, in January!). Although I’m still in touch with Daniele about other potential Inky Starbucks projects, the Red Cup remains the Wholly Grail.
However, not one to be defeated, I’m delighted to present… The Inky Red Cup! (#InkyRedCup)
A delicately hand penned festive medley of holly, ivy and mistletoe, peppered with twinkling stars, ribbon-topped gifts and a little elusive robin. Watch the creation of the artwork here. #InkyRedCup can be wrapped around your Grande Starbucks coffee to form a bespoke inky Christmas Cup.
Want to give your Starbucks Cup the bespoke Ink treatment? Here’s a step by step guide:
1. Download the artwork here and print on your A4 printer. (it’s high res, so please be patient).
2. Cut around the outline. Pop the template and some sticky tape in your pocket and head to Starbucks.
3. Order your favorite grande Starbucks coffee. I highly recommend the skinny gingerbread lattes.
4. Wrap the template around your cup -widest edge at the top – to form an inky jacket. Secure with tape down the overlap.
5. Sip your festive coffee from your super cool little (inky) Red Cup!
Merry Christmas everyone!
Win the original #InkyRedCup artwork! I’m giving away the signed and dated hand drawn artwork in all its inky glory. To enter the #InkyRedCup prize draw, just leave a smilely face on my Facebook wall. All the names will be popped in a hat and the winner drawn on Friday 11th November.
And don’t forget: My Christmas Shop opens for business on Monday 28th November!
New editions of silk screen prints and the return of some previously sold-out favourites; perfect presents for ink lovers!