3rd March 2017
Lost Ocean Colouring Competition
To mark the launch of Lost Ocean Artist’s Edition in April, I’m having a little colouring competition (and giving away a free download!)
Just print the Lost Ocean Download and get creative!
The Lost Ocean Artist Edition features 24 of the most loved illustrations from the original book, each printed single sided on thick cartridge paper, with a removable spine so you can frame or share your creations once complete. I LOVE these deluxe editions of my books as the slightly larger format and thick ivory paper lend themselves wonderfully to new techniques and materials. They are perfect for example when paired with watercolour pencils or even some heavier, alcohol based markers.
Once again I’ll be picking winners who champion the very best of our eclectic and talented colouring community! The 10 winning entries will all demonstrate something wonderful about the work of that colourist, whether that be an unusual colour palette, an eye popping technique or even just that they’ve captured a whole lot of happy in their creation!
My competitions are designed for anyone to enter – regardless of age, location or skill level. You don’t have to be an Art School Graduate or a Pro Colourist, you just need to pick up your pens and pencils and have a go!
Each winner will receive:
- A signed copy of Lost Ocean Artist’s Edition
- A Limited Edition Tin of 60 Staedtler Aquarelle Karat Watercolour Pencils (featuring my designs!)
- A Lost Ocean Postcard with a little message from me!
How to Enter:
- Download the Lost Ocean Colouring Sheet
- Upload a photo of your creation to my Colouring Gallery
- Make sure you select ‘Lost Ocean Colouring Competition’ as the title of your image.
The nitty gritty:
- The closing date for entries is 12noon UK time Monday 13th March.
- Winners will be announced by Friday 17th March.
- You can use any materials or techniques that take your fancy.
- We will be approving entries on a daily basis so don’t panic if your entry is not approved instantly, it will be on the gallery within 24 hours!
- You can enter multiple times as long as you enter with a new image each time.
- And finally, you can of course colour this page from your copy of Lost Ocean instead of using the download. There’s a leafy border in the book version but it’s up to you if you colour it or not – it won’t effect the judging at all!
If you have any further questions then send an email to our inky team at email@example.com